Report Annual General Meeting 2020
Outgoing Chair, Mona Holtkötter reported on a successful year and summarised events in 2019 and 2020 with the following key highlights:
- Workshare Exchange Program
- Corporate Membership Lunch
- 2019 Golf Outing in Luttrestown
- New YEN Initiatives
- Annual Charity Donation of 1,000 Euro to the Capuchin Day Center
- CIBSE Routes to Chartership Briefing 2020
- Numerous CPDs in Dublin, Galway and Cork.
- CIBSE Committee representation at the NSAI technical committee on heat pumps in dwellings
- Support of the SDAR Journal in collaboration with TU Dublin
- Online CPD Library
- New BIM Officer
Mona expressed her gratitude to the CIBSE Committee and the interview panel. A special thanks was extended to John Doherty, who handed over the Branch Almoner position after 11 years.
New Chair, Michael Curran and Vice Chair, Stephen Weir, Honorary Secretary Sarah Callaghan and Honorary Treasurer James Porter were elected along with a new committee for 2020/21.
In Michael’s incoming Chair Address, he expressed his admiration for the front-line staff during the Covid-19 crisis and highlighted the important role Building Services Engineers play in this crisis. In his speech Michael outlines plans for CPDs and collaboration with other organisations.