Better Homes Conference
The Irish Green Building Council’s annual residential conference is back for the 2nd year running. Half a million new homes must be built by 2040. The imperative is that these homes are low or zero carbon but they must also be healthy and part of healthy vibrant communities. This year’s conference will be focusing on Health and Wellbeing in and around the home. With imminent revisions to Building regulations TGD Part F Ventilation to coincide with the introduction of Part L to meet the nZEB requirements in 2019, the conference focuses on indoor air quality and ensuring that low energy, air tight homes are also healthy. Join us and learn more about healthy low carbon homes and communities.
Date: Thursday, 8th Nov.
Time: 9.00 – 12.30
Venue: Alex Hotel, Dublin 2
Speakers & Topics
- Ali Grehan, Dublin City Architect
- Catriona Brady, Head of Better Places for People Campaign, World Green Building Council
- Matthew Barker, BRE – Creating homes for a lifetime – Meeting the needs of an older population
- Dr Grainne McGill, Mackintosh Environmental Architecture Research Unit – What’s inside our homes? Importance of ventilation and indoor air quality
- Dr Ina Kelly, HSE – Climate Change & Health in Ireland